Rainbow

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Farewells in a joyful way!

FAREWELLS
Rhonda K. O’Brien

What will help me say good-bye in a healthy and positive way?


Praying together and being open and honest about the pain of parting are important to healthy good-byes.

Acts 20:36-38 When he had finished speaking, he knelt and prayed with them. They wept aloud as they embraced him in farewell, sad most of all because he had said that they would never see him again.


Before parting thank people for what they have meant to you.

Philemon 1:7 I myself have gained much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because your kindness has so often refreshed the hearts of God’s people.


Seeing God’s hand in your circumstances and following God’s call in your life will give you greater security as you say good-bye, even though parting will still not be easy.

Genesis 12:4 So Abram departed, as the Lord had instructed him.


Never stop reminding yourself that God is the constant in your life. You will never say good-bye to him, or he to you. No matter where you have to go, even across the “farthest oceans,” even there God’s hand will guide you and give you strength for the task ahead.

Psalm 139:9-10 If l ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.


There is great comfort in knowing that God will take care of those to whom you say farewell. God is near to those with whom you are far apart.

Acts 20:3 2 And now I entrust you to God and the word of his grace—his message that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance with all those he has set apart for himself


Parting is easier if you have lived in such a way as to minimize regrets and unfinished business. Live each day with others as if you must say good-bye tomorrow.

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.


Anticipate the next meeting.

2 Timothy 1:4 I long to see you again, for I remember your tears as we parted. And I will be filled with joy when we are together again.


PROMISES FROM GOD

Matthew 28:20 And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Posted this, that i know there'll be farewells now and coming....:P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home