Rainbow

Friday, March 04, 2005

A MattEr of PeRsPeCtiVe

I am standing on the seashore.
A ship appears
and spreads her white sails
to the morning breeze
and starts for the ocean.
She is an object of beauty
and I stand watching her
till at last she fades away on the horizon,
and someone at my side quietly says,
“She is gone.” Gone where?
Gone from my vision, that is all;
she is just as large as when I saw her last.
The diminished size
and the total loss of sight
is in me, not in her;
and just at the moment
when someone at my side says,
“She is gone,”
there are others who are watching
her coming and other voices
take up a joyful shout,
“There she comes!”

1 Comments:

  • This is SO nice! It is one of the nicest and most encouraging poems I've ever read... Good One! Good One! :)

    By Blogger Sandy, at 2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home