Rainbow

Monday, February 14, 2005

SigNiFiCanCe TiMeS

Another time of Renuion Dinner on LNY's eve.
Steamboat, my family's regular "custom".
my mum was hesitating to tt idea for this year due to the hassle of preparation, but ultimately still gave in to the request of the "king" of the family-my father.
we talked more during this dinner more than any other normal days.
Coz we are, almost, never spent time together as a family.
Now that my brother is seldom at home because of NS.
i sense that as a family,we begin to appreciate one another more.
tho there's still "something" missing abt this renuion.

Da4 Nian2 Chu2 Yi1.
Siew Choo and zhihao-my elder brother in church came to visit me at home.
sometimes people ask me this question: can we still have lasting friendships despite in different CGs? - ( different environments?)
yes i believe so. But it takes initative and time.
I thank God for these two friends of mine. They did.
i invited my ex-caregp sis/bro to my home. and siew choo , being the more organised and faithful one, took the time to call and ask ard and arranging the common time slot. it is not easy, but i apppreciated tt effort so much.
they came, talked with my mum and family.
and i "slipped" out with them to rivervale plaza and had "KFC" haha, depsite my mum cooked lunch for us. :P
Had such good time with them talking about our lives and catching up with what we are going to do etc...
da4 ge1: hm, may you find your last tenth "stroke" so that i can start planning for your wedding decor ya!! :) hee.

And on 2nd day, received surprised call form Shuxuan that she's ard the area and wanting to drop by my hse.
Had such good time talking with her too!
recalling all the good old days, when i took the long journey bus969 to meet her up at sembawang when i was staying in bedok. Enjoying the times with her and encouraging one another to grow in the Lord.
Shuxuan: what amazes me by the words you said when u are facing changes in your life.
Indeed, you've grown to be a stronger person and one whom i can see you growing in the trust in God.
Things may be gonna be tough but i pray that you will stand firm and that your faith be refined more and more as you take up the challenges of the new changes in your life.

Oh yes, and so nice to meet up with my cousin, eunice (6yrs) and my nephew,jordan ( 3yrs)
little children. How sweet they are when they show forth a childlikeness through the words and actions they say or do.
Showed him a taxi model i got from my company, immediately he said: toyota!
hey, at his age, who would know the type of cars?! so amazing how the little mind of his can be!
that reminds me of stg:
"Dont let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity." _1 Tim 4:12 (NLT)

God, let my life be an example to all those who are around and in my life, that we may all grow in love for one another , in our faith and purity towards You and people, and we would be what we preach from Your word. Give me grace to help and grow me.

Though this new year is only 2 days of GOOD rest and ZzZzz , but appreciate every moments of it.
not just abt the quantity of time but the significance of time spent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home