Rainbow

Friday, February 25, 2005

Time Machine...

Today!
The Past and the Future.
to each, there's always a past, today, and tmrw.
what makes the difference in each person's is what did his/her past carries, what is he/she doing with Today, and what does he/she hope to acheive in the future.
just this thought came to my mind now....:)

well, bloging last week's memories....gonna be a time machine ride here....:P
Received a call from cryst, asked if i want to share a testimony on sun during service.
"ok, i'll try..."
putting down the phone, then asked myself : oh, wat i can possibly share?
each time, the testimony on sun inspires and encourage my heart a lot, now i am going to share?!
i prayed, ask God to give me some words so that i can share in a way He wanted me to.
Penned it quite smoothly, and emailed to Cryst on Wed.
the days went past-busy at work etc...
sat nite...then the reality hits.....i am not a "public speaker"....would i stammer on stage? would i forgot everything i wanted to say? would i get nervous? etc...
a few of them, guoliang, jane, june, meijuan sms me to encourage me..thank you all.
Sun morng...a bright new day.
as i walked down the usual path to Sengkang interchange from my house, i wanted so much God to be with me walking that path. oh ya...that path-one that brought me a lot of memories, my times with Him.

Then scenes of the past came to my mind.
One was a time i was sharing to a regional adults group- about half-filled auditorium.
Then came another scene of a time i was sharing at a sub-district level.
tt's not all, a time i was sharing in the unit came to my mind too.
finally i was brought back to the time i started to share in a caregroup.
my heart stilled for a moment.
God, thank YOu for being with me. Thank You for letting me realised that You will be with me where You bring me to. You do not "throw" me into a situation out of sudden that i cant handle. You always bring me through times of growth, and training me step by step.
Indeed, i felt the inner Peace within my heart.
Somehow, i knew Jesus would be with me while i am on stage. No longer i felt insecure nor lack of self-assurance.
"..let us draw near to God, with a sincere heart with full assurance of faith..." Heb 10:22

at the back stage with the church staff as they are preparing to go on stage to sing the song " a circle of friends"
a very nice song- " A circle of friends, we have One Father, a circle of friends, we share a prayer..."
this part touch my heart a lot.
indeed, this circle of friends i have in church is so very different.
we have the One Father, one Purpose, one Vision, one Spirit....tho we may be different and uniquely made. So amazing. :)
one of them asked: " oh, we have a new church staff ?" (refering to me)
Another joked: yes, in the future...
in my heart, yes Lord, when You called me to. i hope i can be used by You to help out in church.
For the lives of people matters.

i saw the "behind" scene of that sun service.
the sound team, the ushers, the stage manager, the worship team, the pastor etc....what i saw is many hearts that puts their time and talents to serve in the church. Nothing beats this kind of unity. Thank God i belong to a wonderful and beautiful church. even though each one of us are not perfect but God will change us to be perfect.

after service, many came to me to encourage me abt the testimony.
Kim, Sandy, lyndi, jane, Cryst, guangrong, zhihao, vivian, siew qin, mabel, dasmond, gavin( the other brother who shared before me on that sun), vincent, john, ps Dinah, Ps Ben....hope i can rem them all.
Thank God for emma too for praying together with me at the back stage so that i wont get too nervous. :)
i knew God worked through that testimony. It was a testimony i will remember. Coz it was a breakthrough for me to share so "assuredly" on stage in front of 500+ people.
i hope many hearts will be blessed through that.

thankful.
a breakthrough.
all glory to Him, my Father in heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home