Rainbow

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

what a week at school! Part One

(was a uphill week at school...here's what happened...) :)

FIRSTLY, over the last week, had my first hand on Oral exam for the students....
all i got from the teachers was some instructions on how to grade them.
there i went, thinking i could just rely on the sheet of grading checklist.

it was no fun! a continuos examining of over 30+ students.
Hearing the same passage being read, the similar description of the pictures....
and at times, i was almost "nodding off" to Zzzz coz the oral took place in the afternoon.

anyway, i thought this is it. finally over.
then i was called to HOD (head of department) room for a talk from my HOD.
wo, i realised another fellow teacher had told my HOD that my grading is too strict.
i had marked the students down by more than their ususal standard.
in my heart, i was disappointed. and sad.
i thought i did my best, to what i can.
yet not to what is expected.
it became an issue. i had to deal with it.
went to class to look for the students,m trying my best to recognise the students' faces so that i can recall how i garde them on the oral day.
phew, i admit my poor memory, and i could not remember, prob only 10% of how the oral exam goes...
stress....how to tell my HOD??!!
Learnt that next time, i should include my comments during the oral so that there's a reference.
but my HOD was kind and encouraging. Hee, prob she saw through my stressful face!
after a week's ordeal, "ding dong" ing etc, it was settled! hai...
what a lesson to learn!
But i thank God.
it tested on my heart, and composure in dealing with such things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home