Rainbow

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Beliefs, Values, Time-School's Contact time

Though i have heard from many that the weekly contact time is "passing or rather wasting time" for edu officers...
yet some times, its how we see it ...
and from the 1hr plus, there's always something i can learnt.....

Last week's:
P posed a qtn to us: What is the role of teachers to me?
can teachers have a private and public face?

VP ended with his usual composure....and smile, (paraphrased)
how we spend our time reflects the values we hold. and what values we hold reflects the beliefs we have. and we will be passing on the values to the kids because we spent time with them.

perhaps, its about time to really think through,
as teachers ( whether in schools, or in any other capacity, as long as u are teaching another...)
am i teaching the right things?
where does the stand on the right or wrong things comes from?

Interestingly, yesterday's Service, ( 8-10pm, Touch community theatre)
A new Me for a new year ( 1 pet 2:1-8)

there's this segment on hypocrisy...

had iterestingly conversation over dinner time with jason, rach, mingzhu.
qtn: what if we behave accordingly to the appropriateness to the ocassion? it this hypocrisy?

Hypocrisy- not being the real self.

i shared with them that in sch, i disciplined my kids direct to the point, many times, to "show" that i am "angry" so that it can help them to relate the behaviour / thinking etc is wrong.
it has to be done that way, coz they are young ( some are still, though we see many kids are getting smarter/ rather mature faster at their age) and they are at the stage to be taught to know between right and wrong things.
so i would truly say i am a "different" person at school.
Coz i wont be "like that" when i am in church, family, with my friends etc....

however, even when i am at sch, i am still being my true self.
i had no intention to be someone else, or mask myself etc...
even when i "discipline" is also the way i am and would do it "what i am" can do.

its a thin line between hypocrisy and relating...
i thank God i have Him to guide me to the right way.
to be true to myself, yet being assured that even as imperfect as i am, i am a "beautiful" child in His arms....He accepts me as who i am, and He will teach me into all truth.
Because Jesus is in me, He's the way, the truth and the life.

1 Comments:

  • Check out my entry on 'Hypocrisy'... a rejoinder specially for you haha. Had actually written down here as a comment... then I thought if I pen it down in my blog, I can reflect on in the future :)

    Feel free to include your views :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home