Rainbow

Sunday, August 06, 2006

God's wonderful gift to me! Part One (Poy)

Fulfilling the vision- Poy's Testimony

Key Events leading to 06.05.2006

December, 2004
God show me a vision, a vision beyond my understanding and imagination. In this vision, I remembered vividly that I was piggy-backing her. And she was in a wedding gown. Leaning forward, she said three words” I love you”. It is the strangest dream I have to date. I asked myself how is this possible, we are different in so many ways. As I cannot make anything of this vision, decided not to make too much of it.

6th February 2005

That Thing Called Love – Love of a Lifetime (Part 02 of 3 part series about Love) That Sunday, Pastor Dinah mentioned something that really spoke to my heart about my future spouse. It is the heart attitude that matters the most, not how she looks like on the exterior. God gave 3 words. Quiet gentle spirit. 1 Peter 3:3-4” Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.” I can only think of one person, can it be her? I began to take notice of her.

25th September 2005
In my journal I wrote” Dear God, I have been thinking about her for the past few weeks, Why? I cant say… I like her? Maybe… Even if I like her, I need to know its in Your plan for us to be together as I do not wish to disobey You. I hope You can tell me if she is for me & tell her if I am for her. If it is in His plan, everything will workout, so do not worry.

21st April 2006
On the plane to Bangkok for Thai Church Camp, I asked God to reveal to me His intention about my relationship with her. And God was quick to speak on this issue. While taking the flight from Bangkok to Khon Kaen, Siew Yee told me about her story with Teck Keong. It really encourages me to know that while serving together, they receive confirmation about each other. God gives His assurance that as I continue to serve and focus on Him, it will come.

5th May 2006
We went for teh tarik with Wilson, Rachel & cc. Came home around 2 plus & sms her that she looks very refreshed after a day of rest on Friday. I called her to correct her on her cantonese sms. I did not intend to talk long but we started to chat more. As usual, we chat about the events that happen to cg in the past week, the events that are coming etc. The change of topic came when I started to teach her Cantonese. Then the tots of telling her about the vision came suddenly. I felt the comfort of saying it in Cantonese as it is somehow a good protective medium to bring this message across.

After sharing the dream, I just continued to tell her how I feel and what I think of her and how I have been dealing with this affection. Amazingly, she too shared her side of the story willingly to me. Everything seems to fall into place, all the events that transpired between the both of us during the past 1 and half years seems to affirm us that what we have been praying for is exactly in God’s plan. It is an awesome feeling!!! PTL!!!

We decided we have to account to our shepherd as soon as possible and seek their advice. It is quite a difficult task to do as we have ‘broken’ the protocol. Strange as it may seem, I have this residing peace assuring me that it is alright. Yes I have planned to do it at the end of the year but perhaps His intention was now, rather than later. So I pray to God for some answers…

6th May 2006 (16:53:51) – sms
Prayer to her: Father I pray You can bring peace to us with the assurance that You wanted us to go thru this phase to experience more of You. Help us to build strong & biblical relationship during this stage so that we, as one, can be better vessel for Your will. In His loving name of Christ I pray for cc and myself. Amen.

7th May 2006
During the pre-service prayer He spoke again. Hebrews 13:17-18” Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you. Pray for us. We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way. I believe He wanted to show me the attitude I need for my shepherd & those who guide us.

8TH – 11TH June 2006

After meeting up with CC, SQ & GR twice, I asked God to speak to me during the Camp so as to give us confirmation on this relationship. It was on the third day during the extended worship time the song ‘Here I am to worship’ came about that God spoke again. I can only hear Him say,” Poy, I will speak to her now.” I excitedly went over to her during the break and ask her about it. I was so sure that He spoke but to my disappointment CC said nothing had happened. “How can it be wrong???” I asked myself. (please refer to cc’s testimony)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home