Rainbow

Thursday, July 21, 2005

When i grow OLD.....

Translated from a email ( in mandarin) i recd.
appreciated it in the language...:)

when i grow OLD
When i grow old, no longer the one i used to be
please understand me, i ask for your patience

When i spill over the vegetable soup on my shirt
When i forgot how to tie my shoe laces
please remember how i used to help u, holding your small hands to drink of the soup, to tie your shoe laces.

When i keep repeating the words which u never want to hear again,
please let me finish what i want to say
Remember when u are younger, i had to repeat those bedtime stories over and over again
until i see you slipping into your sweet dreams

When i need you to bathe me
please do not groan
do you remember the scenes when i had to keep trying to coax you to bathe when u are younger?

When i stumbled over the gadgets of the new technology
please do not laugh at me
remember how i was patient with you in answering you every "whys" questions?

When my feeble limbs are too weak to move,
please stretch out your strong and sturdy arms to give me that support
just like how i supported you when you are attempting your first steps.

When i missed the focus of our conversation, please give me more time to recall
to me, its not about the topics we are conversing
what matters to me is that as long as you are beside me to listen to me

As you watch me aging, please do not be sad
Understand me, support me
Just like how you learned from me about living a life

As i had guided you how to begin your life
please be with me to finish my last journey of life
bless me with your love and patience
i will smile with much gratitude
this smile hides my unconditional love for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home