Rainbow

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Teachers Day

going to pen thoughts randomly....

coz so many things has happen over these days.

just recd a sms from her.
days ago, couldnt get to her, either she missed my calls, or i missed her calls.
somehow only through msgs we can get replies from one another.
its hard when u so much want to find out how the person is doing and what going in her life right now...
yet, there were not much replies.
but that will only caused me to contd to persevere on, to contd to keep her in prayer.
for only Him sees everything.
He has His own plan, at His timing.
today she msg me a little prayer short and sweet.
so nice to recd one such as this.
at least i know she still prays,
somewhere deep in her heart, God is still lingering in her.
Thank You God for being ever present help in times of need.
Pray that u will be touched knowing GOd is nearer than you think,
we are embracing you with our prayers for you that you will come back to where you stop
the unique role u have in this CG cannot be exchanged
i pray for you too, remember, you are a dear sister to me.

Recd today too, a few sms wishing me happy teachers' day.
haha, now one more day to celebrate, other than BD, new year, christmas, etc....and one more to come, children's day.
Paulin ( the very funny fren, whom i can chat with, even tho i thot we should have some sort of generation gap, hee) sandy, zhangting ( a very good fren whom always encouraged me a lot in my teaching job. she remembered my first day at work and msg me to encouraged me. we somehow got to know each other more now, esp we went through similar things happening in our family this year) Rachel, Cryst.

Also send msg to other fellow MOE colleagues in church to wish them:
at least those i know are, siew qin, xiao zhu, guangrong, dennis, kym toh, shenteng, chu kai.

God, use all of us in this area of teaching to impact more lives!

recd a couple of gifts from the kids.

on tues, 3 of them actually came to the staff room and wanted to give me presents.
one boy, he's very cute. in fact in class, he was the one who always "encourage" me:
teacher, u got to be more fierce so that the class will be afraid of me.
teacher, u can use the cane and hit the table so that the class will quieten down.
teacher,.... etc.
yes, yi bin, he is also very chatty in class.
something he said touched my heart as he was giving me the present to me,
" teacher i gave to you because i like you." ( in mandarin)
hm, from a little boy, that kind of childlikeness.
i was a bit taken aback too, dont know what to say in response.
so came a normal reply: thank you, lao shi need to rush in marking books, so you all better go home la...etc...hm, shuld have said something more encouraging for him. aiya. :P

then they came back again after a few mintues.
this time, a girl,Zi Qi, the monitoress. also very chatty one. but she is very responsible. tho always talk in class. and alwys play with the boy, Jin rong beside her.
she went to buy something after that.

on the celebration day,
the theme was "go Wild" alll teachers are encouraged to wear something related to animals...hm...thot wanted to wear a piggy t-shirt to sch, but then again,reconsider this idea.
find most teachers in Punngol are very fun loving people, on ocassion like these, they really let their hair loose and play with all the kids. even those i have seen them scolded kids very harshly, they became very fun loving people.
guess being a teacher is not easy.
are they who they really are when they step into the classroom?
or is it because of the circumstances that they had to appear that way so that they can have some class contrl management?
but i think to really have impact on the kids long term, need to give what we have inside of us.
and try not to be someone we are not, coz the kids may pick that up, and they may not be able capture the whole essence of it al.

then the most significant item during the concert was they played this song:
Becaused you loved me.
what a meaningful song.

then we went to zoo for a lunch buffet.
yes, ZOO! having lunch with all the animals! :)
anyway it a cool and nice place. a good idea, instead of the normal restaurant etc.
Forest Lodge.
the chairs and tables are decorated with linings/ cloths with animals' stripes.
different atmosphere.
had a good time knowing the teachers, especially, the other contract teacher, Yvonne and Huang lao shi.
laughs and getting to know them much more.
hm, she even invited me to go clubbing...hee. :)
hope to know them much more....

ya, then spotted intersting thing.
the Zoo even organised a "Zoo" themed wedding.
very interseting concept. just imgaine.....
haha, will suggest this to my "da ge" in church, since he said he's getting married soon next year.
aiyo, i wait until my neck got so long liao ya...
hm, i m sup to do the card design for him too....
hee....:P

anyway, like today's holiday.
had sometime for myself with God.
dun want to rush the time.

want to see the glory of You,
i believe.
You will reveal to me.
i reminded of the vision YOu showed when i first became a CL.
the path of step by step.
God, whats' more to come?
Pray that You will show.
that i may know and obey.

the driving license. got to do something about this.

more seeking of You so that i can very be sure of what You revealed to me.
and i trust because You will make a way.

Pray for my family as the date draw nearer, Lord, protect their emotions and heart.
let it only be moments of missing a person we hold close to our hearts,
remembering him and his impact in our lives.
that my family can grow out of this, stronger people because there is Your love holding us together as one.
Pray that my mum will know Your love, God, dont stop speaking into her life.
let not what she think is good for her, hinder her from You.
coz in busy life, we tend to keep You aside
forgetting all You are and what You have done.
God, draw her near to You as her heart soften before You.
Keep Xueyun, Caiyun, caihong, jingcai in Your safe arms.
For this is the only family members i have.
Thank You God, for the protection You have given to my family.
Your eyes ever watching over us.
Your hands ever guiding us.
Your strength ever uplifts us.
i look forward to the day my family can celebrate christmas together as a spiritual family too.
and many friends and church people can come together in the house for celebrations etc...
yeah! amen and it will be done!
In Jesus name.

God, guard my heart for it is the well spring of my life.
show me the things that will hinder me from You
that i can decide to let go of all the things.
i know it will be difficult but by Your grace, and power of Your love,
amen!

Ever let it be that i will praise Your name
at work, in class, talking with colleagues, with church friends, with family etc.

pray for some of my friends:
xiaodi, jason teo, peiyu, zhangting, paulin, alan, mei kuan, zhaotan, tsu jung, feng ping.

Thank You God for blessing me with so many friends.
amen!
God my heart hides You. Dwells there and be big in my heart! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home