Rainbow

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Bridges

taught a lesson to my kids about bridges, how workers use different materials to bridges...
Shi Qiao, Tie Qiao, Mu Qiao etc...

today's run was good.
skipped for a week.
resume back, thinking if i can spare off a weekday for a nite run instead, when i start my hope sem course, which is soon...e. :P

walked to rachel's house this mrng before i start my usual route, so that also means a new route today.
yea, was refreshing tho, to be on the other side of the road, of the familiar route.
looking at surroundings which is different from the many times.

as i pick up slowly, knowing what a week difference might bring to me, not a regular runner.
somehow, i was doing quite well, the steps were as well-paced as before, it was not much of a difficult,then it dawned upon me, it has become a habit, rather i was doing it for some weeks now, so it would not be too much a stance.
to other things: as long as i discipline myself in what i want to do, even if at times, i had to "stop" for a while for certain reasons, it will not be difficult coz it is "part of" me already.
the "pyschological" mind or rather the mind should stop telling myself "i cant".
because i can when i believe. victory does not go to the stronger hand but the one with a stronger mind.
i can because He can.

today's run was special.
not just i took a different starting point, a different route, but also the first time i went without a watch.
no time limits. i didnt have to time myself as i used to.
i told myself i run to the time He gives.
i paced accordingly to His.
i prayed along the way.

amazingly, i reached Punngol park without much panting....to me, i m surprised.
on return trip, i prayed for people along the way, this somehow, got me a bit worried.
felt my legs "suddenly" lose strength as if each step i took is taking more strength from my legs than needed.
contd on, i mean i told myself: i have to reach home somehow mah. ( the place was along serangoon rd, so a bit deserted too)
but i was still praying, i realised something as i go along.
as i start each name i prayed, to certain ones, my steps "suddenly" gets heavier, as if my steps were in pace with the person's life.
i told myself: if it means to run together with this person at this difficult time ( at the moment when my legs gets heavier) i will persevere, somehow i managed to run a bit more constant rather than draggy.
then amazing, as i finish praying for the person, i realised i already got back my normal pace.
it was sense of victory!
then again as i start another , the same...
yet, for some, i felt the urge to run faster than my normal pace...
it was a cool experience to me....
praying is so interesting. even as i run, the praying "pace" coordinates with my running pace.
hee. :)

nearing home, prob another 1km, nearing XD's place, i wanted to stop at the traffic light ahead which is a usual route for me, but then i decided to take another route, to contd to run, then ahead there's a overhead bridge which i can still get across to get back home. so that i wont need to stop.
with already aching legs, i climb up the many many steps from the bridge.....
down i go...contd on, without having to stop.
it came to me, in life, sometimes, i dont have to stop ( at the traffic light) at what i perceived the route to reach destination( home). i can contd on without stopping, ahead there's will be another route to lead me back to destination, even tho sometimes the bridge may cause me to backtrack a bit, but tt's ok, it matters that i do not stop.
the bridge serves its purpose, to bring people from one place to another.
what's my bridge to that destination?

Father, may our eyes of our hearts be enlightened to see Your revelation of Your purpose in our lives, let not our own minds, and knowldge to say that we think the best , let not our hearts be obsitnate towards what You would tell us. many times, our hearts convinced ourselves into what is the best for us, but yet we have block out what You would really want us to do. Father pray for Your grace and mercy to bring us back to Your heart, refreshed us with a tender heart and new spirit to obey not according to our convinced minds, but according to Your thoughts and ways. Give us the courage to admit we are proud on our own, to surredner to You in exchange for Your peace of Christ that will rule in our hearts. dear Father, be with us in every step, pace us in Your race, let our eyes not be tempted with the current goals, but with spritual eyes to see the vision and finishing line. the day You bring us back, the day Jesus' glory be worshipped on high, the day we are received back to enjoy Your presence forever. Thank You, for You are indeed faithful to us! in Jesus name, Amen.

6 Comments:

  • HI dear sis!!!
    didn't know you run!!!
    i try to run every weekend on Sat or Sun (if can't make it on Sat..)And some/many times skipped a few weeks.
    :)

    Also, your prayer at the end caught me. I use/link it you'll be ok??

    By Blogger Davina, at 5:45 AM  

  • hihi! wah, :P din know u got another known name..
    hee, yup, sure if it adds to GOd's kingdom in watever, u can link it.

    ya lor, i do think its a discipline to keep ourselves healthy. sometimes if i cant run, i sub with others like playing sports etc...also exercise mah. :P
    its also a very precious moment for me everytime,coz whenever i go running, i am without hp.No "disturbances" - no calls in/out.hee.

    By Blogger choocrainbow, at 6:56 PM  

  • I DUN WAN TO RUN WIF U!!! NO CG RUN!!! NO!!!

    By Blogger Lawrence, at 9:10 AM  

  • Wow... What a beautiful experience :)

    By Blogger Sandy, at 9:25 PM  

  • Wunderful CC!

    Keep on running oh! :)

    Then maybe you can think of joining the marathon?:P

    By Blogger Rachel Tham, at 9:41 AM  

  • Haha, thank you sis!
    :) yeah..introducing myself as Davina.(my water bapt name k!) (derived from David - female form)

    hehe. i bring my mp3 prayer along for P&W when i jog!!

    c ya!

    p/s: ya ya.. Standard Chartered Marathon?? Charmaine Chee will be delighted..:p

    By Blogger Davina, at 4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home